Tuesday 20 March 2012

Buttermilk muffins with a jam heart

This is my first recipe with buttermilk... In a few days I'll also be uploading the results of my first go at Irish soda bread, but for the moment here's the recipe for this surprisingly good muffins!

Jammy buttermilk muffins

280 g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
125 g caster sugar
1 egg
250 ml buttermilk
50 ml water
90 ml sunflower oil
Jam of your choice (I used raspberry)

Preheat the oven to 195C and prepare the muffin tins.

Sift together the flour, bicarbonate, salt and sugar in a large bowl.

In another bowl, beat the egg with a fork and add the buttermilk, water and oil, mixing it all together.

Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just enough to mix it (don't overstir!).

Spoon half the batter into the tins, then add a dollop of the jam an cover with the rest of the batter.




Bake for 23 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I have to do those... I just need some jam.
    By the way, I made again your quick seeded bread and definetely it is one of my favorites too, and so fast to make!
    Do you want some muffin recipe with pumpkin? it is very healthy and easy :) and good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please, I just bought a butternut squash!

      Delete
  2. You shouldn't be baking muffins, there's APEL work to do!

    p.s. 23 minutes, that's quite precise

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.p.s. I'm not sure why I'm Will Rpgers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Will Rpgers, I'm sure there will still be APEL work to do when I go back... :-) or are you planning to have it all finished by then????

      Delete